- New Zealand’s Defence White Paper: look south
New Zealand’s Defence White Paper 2016, a policy statement that plumbs new depths of vacuity in its desperation to say nothing offensive to outsiders nor to commit Wellington to a precise course of action.
- The Strategies of Terrorism
Terrorism works not simply because it instills fear in target populations, but because it causes governments and individuals to respond in ways that aid the terrorists’ cause.
- Strong Secure Engaged: Canada’s Defence Policy
This policy is grounded in a thorough assessment of the global security environment – one that is marked by the shifting balance of power, the changing nature of conflict, and the rapid evolution of technology.
- How does Canada’s new Defence Policy measure up? A Benchmark Analysis
Failure to improve long-term political consensus-building on Canadian defence policy makes yet more hugely wasteful redirects following future elections likely, and the nation simply can’t afford them.
- Podcast: The Defence Review Review – Canada’s New Policy Under the Microscope
This panel discussion took place on June 20, 2017 at Carleton Unviersity hosted by the Centre for Security, Intelligence and Defence Studies at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs.