- Royal Navy signs deal for new Type 26 Frigates
The first of the Royal Navy’s next-generation frigates will be laid down before the month is out after a £3.7 billion order was placed for three Type 26s.
- Bidder urges overhaul of design tender in $60B navy frigate program
Canada’s plan to buy an off-the-shelf design for the navy’s new frigates faces a “very high risk of failure” unless the Liberal government rewrites its proposed requirements, one of the bidders has told the shipyard running the competition.
- [UK] Government urged to decide on new frigates as National Shipbuilding Strategy still in dry dock
GMB, the union for shipbuilders, says now is the time for the Government to commit to new Royal Navy Type 31 frigates and RFA support vessels.
- Pride of Britain? No, HMS Queen Elizabeth is a £6bn blunder that should be scuttled
There is a multi-billion-pound hole in the defence budget, and especially in Navy funding, which seems likely to be filled by yet again slashing the Army, a deplorable and short-sighted expedient.
- North Americans Are Really Uneconomical Shipbuilders
Resupply ships built in British Columbia are forecast to cost Canada over 14 times per ton what the South Korean ships are to cost Britain