- Royal Navy signs deal for new Type 26 Frigates
The first of the Royal Navy’s next-generation frigates will be laid down before the month is out after a £3.7 billion order was placed for three Type 26s.
- Podcast: The Defence Review Review – Canada’s New Policy Under the Microscope
This panel discussion took place on June 20, 2017 at Carleton Unviersity hosted by the Centre for Security, Intelligence and Defence Studies at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs.
- China builds new military facilities on South China Sea islands: think tank
China has built four new missile shelters on Fiery Cross Reef to go with the eight already on the artificial island, AMTI said.
- China’s newest destroyer seen as challenge to Asia rivals
The Type 055 will weigh 13,000 tons when fully fitted out with its weapon systems and commissioned, making it the country’s largest destroyer, Li Jie, a researcher with the PLA Naval Military Academic Research Institute, said in a February article on the PLA’s website. The new warship will have more than 100 vertical launch tubes for missiles with the ability to strike targets 1,000 to 2,000 kilometers away, according to the PLA report.
- Report: U.S.-Flagged Ro/Ro Harassed by Russian Forces
The U.S.-flagged merchant ro/ro Green Ridge was allegedly harassed by Russian helicopters and a Russian naval vessel in the Baltic last month, according to an incident report from her master.
- Cold War Allies U.K., U.S. and Norway Team Up for a New Generation of Russian Sub Hunts
Cold War allies U.K., Norway and U.S. agreed on Thursday to more closely tie operations of the trio’s sub-hunting aircraft together and set the stage for joint efforts to hunt Russian submarines in the North Atlantic.